Monday, February 19, 2007

S-E-X-Oh!

Last Friday night I saw a wonderful production called "S-E-X-Oh!" by Teatro Luna. The show was a compilation of true stories about the Latina women who perform for this group. While most of the stories were funny, others were heart-breaking and upsetting. The movement of the show was very well done as it flowed so seamlessly to bring in very dynamic emotions. Being able to identify with the show, as a Latina, really brought me into the whole experience. I think that this is why the show was so amazing to me and perhaps not to others. Simply being Catholic is not really what the show is about, but more specifically being a Latina (who are stereotypically devout Catholics). I believe that some may have misinterpreted what was being portrayed with these topics on stage. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to see these women perform such an amazing show and I hope that I see them in their new show soon.

No comments: